Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lift Me Up Review | 71


(photos taken: November 26, 2015)

This will be my second mascara review! No I'm not going to just be reviewing makeup, I just want to share my experiences with new mascaras I've tried since I explained I'm kind of obsessed! If you didn't read my review on the Maybelline Lash Sensational click here to read! Let's get started!

So this mascara was originally $7 something, but I had a discount on the cartwheel app so it was around $5.50, not bad! I wanted to try something that would be similar to Lash Sensational, maybe a little different so I went with a different mascara, different wand, and brand! I've only tried one other mascara from Rimmel, besides this one, and I think I had an allergic reaction because my eyes would burn and itch at times, they looked good but it wasn't worth it! This mascara didn't harm me, so that's good! 


What caught my attention was the fact that it was scented! I didn't think you'd be able to catch the scent, but ohh yes you can! Right when you open the tube you get this sweet fresh smell, I didn't mind it, smelled really good! This mascara has the hour glass shape brush, something I had never tried before so I was both excited but nervous! 

Let's get to it, would I buy it again? No. Would I recommend it? Somewhat, if you like the natural look. To me this wasn't a crazy mascara. It gave me somewhat length not so much volume, it was more like a natural looking mascara! It didn't look bad, I just prefer my eyelashes to stand out with length and some volume! I really didn't like the brush! It was horrible, took me a while to get the hang of it and even then I felt it wasn't getting on my lashes that good because of the curve. I used it for about 2 weeks but it wasn't something I was astonished by. I ended up giving it away. The scent was really good though, I give Rimmel props for that! There wasn't smudging or flaking, definitely NO clumping! That's another plus that it didn't clump, even when I layered three coats (as shown below)! 


(photo taken: November 29, 2015)

I might reconsider buying it if it had a different brush and if I had better eyelashes to make them pop out a bit more! 1 out of 5 I think I'll give this a 2, not my fave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment