Friday, October 16, 2015

Smashburger | 20


(photo taken: November 9, 2014)

Yes, I'm coming at you with another food place/review! This one happens to be Smashburger, the one at L.A Live! So sit back and get ready to be hungry and have a watery mouth!

DISCLAIMER: I was sooo close to missing another day! I missed yesterday because by 10ish I was dying of sleep, don't know why. But I'm backkk! 

I remember this as a great evening spent because we went to the theaters (maybe it was a Kevin Hart movie, maybe I'm wrong) and afterwards Milton suggested we go try this burger place. Burgers, yeah I'm down for that! I chose the Avocado Club (hamburger) and ohh lawd was it bomb! It comes with "fresh avocado, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing and mayo on a multi-grain bun"! *thank you smashburger.com* I think the total comes out to $11, for a combo, but it's worth it! The patty tastes really good, probably maybe even real meat! lol Bacon, always crispy and the avocado, well you know avocado makes everything great! The fries are pretty good as well, they're skinny hey, size doesn't matter! 

I think this was also the first time that I saw those round things they give you in restaurants and it vibrates when your order is ready. I was so amazed, and I kept checking to see if the food was ready. I thought the vibration would be like a phone, pretty quiet. No. That can wake uo someone next door! So no worries about missing it! 

Bottom line, really good! We were actually planning to go there tonight...but we didn't. However, we did go back for Valentine's Day, and once again BOMB! It didn't let me down, so it's worth trying it! Some people, such as my mum, would say that all burgers are the same and no burger is special. Well I'd have to take her here to change her mind! I think what makes it really good is the fact that the burger patty tastes legit, like if there's no artificial meat in there...The reason why I always choose chicken burgers over the regular burgers. I've had bad nasty experiences so I stick with chicken. And yes I know chicken can also be under cooked or raw or whatever, but it hasn't happened to me that's why I still eat them! 

Soon I'll most probably have a review on The Counter *also located downtown* and I think I spoke about The Habit in my Santa Barbara post. The Habit and Smashburger both taste great! The Counter, that's more for people who enjoy eating a variety of stuff, because you build your own burger, add whatever you want to it! The burger I chose (at The Counter) was probably an ordinary chicken burger *except I added jalapenos*. More about that in a future post!

But for now, like the previous blog, if you haven't tried it, you definitely should! They have separate menus for both hamburgers and chicken burgers so that's a bonus! And the people there are so nice and helpful. They'll give you honest opinions, they'll help you out if it's your first time there, and they make sure you choose the right thing without paying more for something simple! Definitely worth the try, don't be like me scared of trying new things! 

DISCLAIMER PT. 2: I'm sure I won't get comments on this *secretly hopes for comments* but I think if I talk about restaurants I should see if they have things for vegetarians, or other options, right? I'm not sure who exactly reads these posts, but maybe someone is interested in healthier options, so I'll start to look out for that. And I think I just answered my own question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment