Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Counter | 22


(photo taken: December 16, 2014)

As said in previous post, here's a review on The Counter! 

I had previously said that the food was good, but I would recommend it for people who enjoy eating a variety of things on their burgers. Just because you're going to be paying the same price for a regular burger instead of making your own...make sense? The fries are delicious, pretty thin but really good! Btw, this one is located downtown *7th between Flower and Hope to be exact* And what you see there is not ranch, it's RANCHUP made by Milton! Really good, both on the burger and fries!



Hopefully you're able to see the menu! But I got pretty plain stuff, nothing too extravagant, but it was still delicious! They give you an actual menu of things that are already prepared, and this is what you fill out when you want to create your own burger! Let's see if I remember what I got...

I ordered the 1/3 lb., 100% natural chicken breast (if you've been keeping up, you'll know why I always choose chicken burgers)! And let me say the chicken breast is really good, feels and tastes great biting into it! And I went with the brioche style bun! For cheese I think I went with Yellow American, for sauce I might have gone with smoky chipotle aioli, toppings I went with lettuce blend, fresh jalapenos, and sliced avocado! Lastly for my side, I chose shoestring fries! 

So everything is described with detail, but if you look at it, it's pretty simple! I don't remember what Milton got, but for him it wasn't what he expected it to be, I think he was kind of let down. For me, I wasn't necessarily let down, but since I don't like too much on my burger it's not something I would go for. In my honest opinion, I would much rather pick Smashburger than the counter! But you know, this is one of those places I would like to go to once I'm 21 and watch a game and get a drink or something (which I think would be a virgin margarita cause I don't like alcohol). I'd still recommend it to people. It's not bad, I mean it's still in business for a reason, and people enjoy going there. I admit there was a little too much hype for it. 

Overall, really good if you go for the chicken breast. Extra good if you choose avocado because it makes the perfect combination! Now thinking of it, I'd want to go back just to try the salad style in a bowl! Thinking of it, it's probably just like a bowl you can get anywhere else, and since it's The Counter, it makes sense to get a burger! Check it out guys, nothing wrong with it! And then check Smashburger and decide which you prefer!   


No comments:

Post a Comment