Thursday, November 26, 2015

Caffe Primo | 61


(photo taken: September 11, 2015)

Let me tell you a fascinating story about a delicious smoothie that if you have braces, there's a chance it'll get stuck in there. But besides that, it's really good and I'm now craving one!

Being in downtown all the time, I always saw this place (Caffe Primo) but I didn't dare to go inside because I felt slightly intimidated. We finally decided to go check it out, and I want to go back again! I've gone about 2 or 3 times maybe, but I always get a smoothie, never actual food or a pastry. I was just checking the website to get the names of the smoothies I've bought and I just realized something. Being hispanic you know that "primo" means cousin. I knew it didn't mean "cousin caffe", so I was curious. Just now I learned that..."The definition of 'Primo' means 'Best in Class' delivering what customers truly want". My second thought was that it meant number one in caffe charts, which is pretty close to the real meaning. 

Confirmation, I've only been there twice. The two smoothies I've tried: Acai Berry and Get Skinny. Their smoothies are between $5-$6, I don't know if the price changes depending on the location (both these smoothies were $5 something). This one is on Flower, but I know they're making one on Figueroa, in front of the Convention Center. If you've seen the new apartments or condos they made, it's by there. The Acai Berry consists of apple juice, acai, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. The only reason I said it might get stuck between your teeth is because of the little seeds from the fruits. But it tastes really good, has a kick of sourness but it's not too much. The Get Skinny smoothie consists of orange juice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, goji berries, banana and yogurt. Has some of the same ingredients as the Acai Berry, but it has more taste. 

Now that I look at their menu, there's sooo many food choices and they all sound so good! Click here to view the menu, remember this is for the DTLA location, it might vary depending location. If you try it let me know what you ordered and how you liked it! Also, make sure to stop by happy hour because they have some good stuff!  

No comments:

Post a Comment