Friday, November 13, 2015

Paris | 45


(photo cred: Snapchat)

First off, let's not forget those impacted by the 7.0 earthquake in Japan. Not just them but it's important to keep all countries and people in mind even if some events don't make it to the news or aren't "big". Also, I know I uploaded the picture above but I did it with right intentions and by sending a prayer to the people being affected by this. But some people do it plainly for likes. Things like this aren't a chance to gain followers and likes, so think twice before hitting the "upload" button. It's pretty self explanatory. Refrain from making inappropriate comments as well. I've seen so many on Twitter, and it's never the time for certain comments, and it's no use wasting your time commenting back and starting an argument. Save that energy for positive thoughts!

Okay, now that I got that out of my system I can continue. I saw this on Twitter and I completely agree. It talked about all these shootings, bombings, suicide bombs, that's been happening lately and saying that the world won't end from natural disasters but rather from humans ourselves. 

You know, that's true. Earthquakes, fires, flooding, things like that unfortunately cannot be stopped. Hence NATURAL disasters. Yes they also take lives away and cause so many injuries, but it can't be stopped because it's nature. This that's happening right now, is not nature. It's mankind. This is something that can be stopped, but unfortunately most of the time it's too late. The worst thing is that the victims are innocent people. People who are going on about their lives. Not necessarily talking about Paris, but this has happened in schools, churches, theaters, the place you least expect. Why must innocent lives be taken away?

Also, the whole "does Islam promote violence" thing. Yes once again this is from Twitter. If you look through the right sources and legit stuff, you can learn from here too. So any who, Islam has nothing to do with violence. Like they said, someone can be armed and use it for the wrong purpose and they can be Christian, Hinduism, Buddhist, Judaism, not necessarily Islam. Just how there's people who consider themselves "good Christians" but they sin and don't follow what they are being taught or hear in church. That's the person they are. Same thing applies. It's all in the individual and whatever they "believe" in or what they're thoughts and perspective is about the world. I also hate when the person responsible for it, they call it "mental illness" but to some they call it terrorism or they say everyone of that race is the same. No. 

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but ever since I was a kid I would always include "world peace" on my letter to Santa Claus. We'd go to Hollywood to this little "North Pole" thing to take pictures with Santa. And I'll never forget seeing a banner with a quote by the giant Christmas tree. It read, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix I believe. At the moment I liked it and it stayed in my mind since then. But now seeing and understanding more about the world and humanity, it definitely makes sense. And my mum would always say I'm delusional for believing in world peace. She says it would be great to see that one day, but by the way the world is and the things that happen each day, it seems like that's not possible. I feel each day we're further and further away from achieving that, but each Christmas I still ask Santa for world peace. 

One last thing, I also agree on what President Obama said. "This is an attack not just on Paris, it's an attack not just on the people of France, but this is an attack on all of humanity and the values that we share." Before hearing him finish his sentence I had thought the same, that it's not just about the people in Paris, but it affects all of us. 

That's what was on my mind so I thought I should share it and see if others agree or what others think. So feel free to leave a comment below, once again nothing inappropriate, have respect! Doesn't mean you need to believe in something or be religious, but it would be great if you reading this also send a thought to the innocent lives having to go through this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment