Sunday, November 8, 2015

Faith | 40


(photos taken: March 1, 2015)

I was debating what to name this post and what to actually talk about. I didn't want to talk about religion specifically because I know that it's very controversial and besides I feel I wouldn't know what to talk about if I really chose that topic. So the closest and what I feel I can talk about is faith. 

What is faith? Hope? Believing? Think those are good synonyms for it. I want to become those spiritual people who do yoga and are always in a positive mood and full of faith and you can sense great energy in them. That's (one of) my goals in life, but I'm no where near that! I'm basically the opposite. I'm negative all the time and I hate doing yoga! But whether you consider yourself religious or not, I feel you should look up to someone or have a belief that there's someone/some thing bigger and greater than all of us. Along with having great morals because you know in the long run it will benefit you in a positive way. 

Anytime I think about faith or having hope I imagine a small little light in your heart. Which I think it actually is that. The light can be diminished or it can shine bright...like a diamond. It's all up to you. And if it is gone it will take time to light it up and to keep it that way. There's been so many times, like I said, that I'm negative. I don't like thinking positive because I feel every time I'm positive or I have my head held high, something ruins it. So in my mind I feel it's best to think something won't turn out great so that whatever happens you're not let down (just how like having high expectations leads to big disappointments).

There's been two teenage girls (younger than me) who give me inspiration to always have a bright look in life and always think positive and hope for the best. Sadie Robinson when she was on DWTS19 and Bindi Irwin current season of DWTS. I remember the judges saying that Sadie's faith makes her shine even more in her dances and it's something beautiful she has no matter what. And it's true because not many famous people talk about their faith (whether in God or just in general) because they're afraid it won't seem "cool". But Sadie was proud of it and owned up to it. Same with Bindi, her positive energy and sweetness is contagious and makes everyone smile and feel her energy. That's the type of person I want to be. Have great energy and have it be contagious so that if someone is feeling down they can feel that energy. Instead I feel I suck the life out of things. And it's even more inspiring for people like Bindi to be so positive even when they have been through a tough time in their lives.

Having faith I believe keeps you going. It's motivation to not give up and no matter how many times something or someone stands in the way of what you want to do, you'll find a different path and do what it takes to achieve your goal. Having great faith I think also inspires people and can help others go through tough things in life. And I admire so much those people that no matter what circumstance they're in, they have positive thinking and look at the bright side of things. It's important to have role models and look at other people's success for motivation, but comparing yourself to others can hurt your way of thinking. Like I always say, "he's him, you're you, and I'm me". 

It was actually my New Year's resolution (which I hate by the way, I don't like resolutions), to be positive but that didn't work out. Being a positive person also helps physically! If you're always mad and in a bad mood and have negative energy you just look mad or like there's a rainy cloud above you. But if you're always happy and energetic and positive, there's butterflies around and you leave rainbows and ponies everywhere you go! 

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say. In no way am I making you guys believe in something you don't. But I think in life it's important to have faith and believe in something. Whether it's big or small, real or only in your mind, as long as you're not doing harm to others or yourself, do what you need to do to feel good about yourself and life. I want to like yoga so I'll probably force myself onto it and hopefully along the way enjoy it. If not I'll just read about how to become a spiritual person and decorate my room with dreamcatchers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment