Monday, November 2, 2015

Los Angeles | 35


(photo taken: November 10, 2014)

Unsure about to population in Los Angeles. I tried googling it but different numbers came up so lets just stick with the fact that Los Angeles is a large city! I've lived in downtown for as long as I can remember! I love how there's always something going on. Premieres, sports games, commercials/movies being made, you'll find something every day. But lately I've been bored of just being downtown. Maybe because I'm always there doing the same thing. I want to believe it's not boring, that I just need to go on different adventures!

I like LA, but I'm not going to say I love it. And I'll sound judgmental, but I hate when people say or get a tattoo saying "live and die in LA" or something similar. Like I said, Los Angeles is a pretty big city, there's so many things going on, so many little towns, and many places to discover! But I feel you shouldn't stay in a bubble! There's so many other places to visit in California, so many states to see, other countries to travel to, but people decide to stay in LA and not explore anything else?

I'm probably not a true Angelino, after all I haven't gone to a Dodgers game. Fact: I find baseball pretty boring and I don't think I'd be able to sit through an entire game. I'll probably just show up for the fireworks! On with the story, I always liked the idea of traveling to other countries and learning about different cultures along with helping communities in different ways. I don't plan on living in LA until I die. I know my dad never liked the idea of growing old here, neither does my oldest brother, and I don't think I'd like that either. I don't know if I'd like to move to another state or even country. But I do think it's important to get out of your comfort zone and explore many things, not just online but in person! I've enjoyed taking little family vacations, and if I plan on having kids, I would like to travel with them so they can see different places and experience something different from "home".

You need to get out and discover places, and just like a Twitter thing I saw last time, "if plane tickets were free, you'd never see me again", I agree! Although I'm terrified of planes, lets substitute that with a bus ride or a road trip. If it wasn't expensive or if you're lucky enough to take those vacations, take advantage and go for it! I would like to have that money to live in a different country for maybe a year or so. Travel around *big dreams* so that when I come back home I can really say I missed LA and nothing like being back home! But as of right now, I look forward to Thanksgiving vacation to get out of here!

Probably another reason why many students and teachers suggested to go to school out of LA. I would think Dr.Cataldo would want her students to loose their minds and break parents' hearts by saying to move at least 2 hours away. But it's true, although I never followed her advice. I think the only way you'll truly appreciate something and miss it, is if you get away for some time. But even then, unless something drastic occurred, I don't think I'll be a die hard Los Angeles lover/fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment